Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Micro Lesson #1 - Plans Instruction

As I taught my lesson plan to the students in my cohort this evening, I felt that the use of technology may have seemed like the objective, but I think as I tried to build a lesson for 4th graders that integrated technology it was not enough to simply show them videos on YouTube or have them play interactive games. 

The goal was the synthesis of information on one topic (endangered species) from multiple sources.  I feel this objective cannot be stressed enough at any age because the ability to do so will become more and more important as students move their way through school.

The outcome of this lesson is that each student will be able to present their work and speak about information gathered from two technical sources about one topic.  This objective is in line with Arizona state standards for K-5, Strand 3, Research and Information Literacy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment